Summer Knitting

Summer break is here! That means lots of time for morning bike rides, working in the yard, and most importantly, knitting. Most of my knitting this summer will be focused on designing, writing and editing patterns. I have several projects in the works, and I hope to come up with some new ideas as well.

As a fitting beginning to my summer of knitting design, today the second KnitPicks pattern collection that I have been a part of was released! It is called the CotLin 2014 Collection. My pattern is the Lacy Baseball Tee. It has lacy sleeves and a basic striped body with a keyhole detail in the back.

This is the first garment that I've designed, and I'm very happy with how it turned out! Even though it took a lot of work to sort out all of the details, I'm already thinking of other garment design ideas that I would like to try in the future. It is so fun to see something transform from a sketch in a notebook to a professionally photographed garment!






I've got a few more projects in the works for future KnitPicks collections that I will be working on in the next couple of months. I also have a couple of stuffed toy patterns that I plan to release independently soon. Not to mention several pattern ideas that have been on the back burner for a while. We'll see how many I have time to actually finish. Right now it feels like I have all the time in the world. Summer always goes by too quickly, though, so I'll enjoy it while I can.

Comments

Popular Posts