Saturday, November 12, 2011

One gift down...

The hobby horse is almost finished! All I need now is a shortened broomstick and the horse will be ready to ride. The pattern simply said to place the head on a stick. I'm hoping that it's actually as simple as that. I plan to buy a wooden broomstick and cut it to the appropriate length for a four year old to comfortably ride.

It's always fun to watch the big, floppy pre-felted object transform into a nice tight, thick finished product.


Adding the mane took a little longer than I expected, but it was fun to see how well it worked to use a crochet hook to pull the yarn through.

I'm pretty happy with how it is turning out. I really think that my niece will love it! I have little patience for waiting to actually give the gift. As soon as it's finished I want to give it away. I never could wait for Christmas as a kid, apparently I still can't!

No comments:

Post a Comment