Monday, August 1, 2011

Sweaters galore!

I absolutely love fall! The leaves turn surprising shades of orange and red, it's cool, but not freezing, and I get to wear cute sweaters! I recently finished two sweaters that I have been working on for quite some time. The last step for both of them was to buy buttons, which apparently is way harder than it sounds. For some reason, it was nearly impossible for me to find buttons in the right color and size that the patterns required.
After a trip to Portland and many large fabric stores, I was able to find buttons for the gray sweater. The green sweater was a little trickier, I was unaware that it was such a unique color when I picked out the yarn! Perhaps from now on, I'll pick the buttons first. Although, it may be just as difficult to find yarn that matches buttons as it is to find buttons that match yarn. Last week I finally tracked down some vintage buttons on etsy that worked perfectly. Now I just need to wait for the cold weather so that I can wear my wonderful new garments!









1 comment: