Monday, June 20, 2011

Hello Summer Projects!



Well, summer is officially here! School is out and now I no longer have the excuse of not having enough time to work on my projects. It’s been less than a week and I’m proud to say that I've already completed several projects that had been in the works before break.

I love these blocks that I adapted slightly from a Debbie Bliss pattern in her Booties, Blankets and Bears book. I can't wait to try different color combos and stripe patterns. The possibilities are endless... and at the moment so is my stash of foam blocks!



I've been trying my hand at sewing lately. In theory it should be less time consuming, but at my current skill level it's taking quite a bit of time. About one in every three projects is actually sale worthy at this point. I suppose the practice is good, but it's a bit frustrating. I was recently successful at completing this stuffed bear. The dress originally had sleeves. After a long battle with the tiny fabric tubes that would be sleeves, I surrendered and went with the simpler halter version. I have to say, I'm happy with how it turned out. It ended up being a little bit retro looking which was completely unintentional.


Both of these projects are currently for sale on my etsy. I added quite a few things yesterday. My shop is looking better and better. The more I put on, the more it looks like a real store! And so begins my summer job.

No comments:

Post a Comment