Saturday, May 28, 2011

A little more about me

While I love all things artistic and creative, they are not the only thing in my life. My day job is working in a Montessori classroom as an assistant. I absolutely love it! The kids have such a positive energy that is a joy to be around.

To make things even better, I often get to mix in creativity and art into the classroom. I've taught a few of the kids how to crochet. That is, I've taught them the little that I know of it at this point. Knitting is really my forte, but somehow one of the needles in each pair of knitting needles in the classroom mysteriously vanished and all that we had on hand were crochet hooks.

I gave some impromptu lessons on chain stitch and single crochet, nothing complicated. They loved it, but were never able to make much. Next year I hope to do something a little more organized with both knitting and crochet. Who knows, maybe we'll even finish a project!

No comments:

Post a Comment